I receive the error "This file is being used by another application or another user (C:\...\Normal.dot)"
Posted by Vitaliy Gutyk (AIT) on 28 September 2018 11:34 AM
Normal.dot is a global template in MS Office Word. It might be corrupted by some add-on programs or macro viruses. Please perform a full virus scan first. You can also temporarily rename the global template to determine if it is the cause of the problem. To rename the global template file, please follow these steps:
1. Quit all instances of Word, including WordMail.
2. Select Start => Find, and then click Files or Folders.
3. In the Name box, type the global template name for your version of Word (Normal.dot).
4. In the "Look In" box, select your local hard disk drive (or an alternate user template location if you are running Word from a network server).
5. Click Find Now to search for the file.
6. For each occurrence of the global template that appears in the Find dialog box, right-click the file and then click Rename. Give the file a new name, such as OldNormal.dot or Normal-1.dot.
7. Minimize the Find dialog box.
8. Restart AnyCount.