The following firewall permissions must be set for successful connection:
- Ports 211 and 47110 must be opened on Server PC.
- Projetex.exe must be added to the trusted applications list on Server and Workstation PCs.
- fbserver.exe must be added to trusted applications list on Server PC.
For instructions on how to add a trusted application, please consult your Firewall help file. In case of Windows Firewall (Windows XP) the procedure is as follows:
1. open your Windows Control Panel and double-click Windows Firewall
2. click Exceptions tab and then click Add Program button
3. click Browse button and locate file AIT\Firebird Server\bin\fbserver.exe. Select this file and click open.
4. after fbserver.exe has been added to the exceptions list, click OK button and attempt to connect to your server again.
Note: Please be sure to restart your PC after modifying Firewall and Anti-virus permissions, as some modifications may not take effect at once.
Note: Firebird is not used in the latest version of Projetex, MS SQL is used instead. MS SQL uses ports 212 and 47111, respectively.