How can I use TO3000 on different computers and synchronize changes in my database automatically?
Posted by Maksim Karganov (AIT) on 03 November 2011 04:55 PM
The recommended method of synchronization is to regularly make backup files on one machne (Database Settings >> Backup), place the backup files into the cloud folder, and restore them on the other machine (Database Settings >> Restore).
Alternatively, you can try some folder synchronization software like Dropbox with the main database file to automatically synchronize TO3000 data on your computers.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! This method may result in access conflicts to the database files between TO3000 and the synchronization software.
To install Translation Office 3000 on Dropbox, please perform the following steps:
2. Activate the installed copies of the program on all computers using your serial number.
3. Turn off dropbox synchronization on all computers.
4. Transfer your database to the same DropBox location on all computers, using the Database Settings > Transfer Database Files function.
5. Change the location of the Business folder in both copies of TO3000 to the synchronized Dropbox folder. To change the location of the Business folder, please run TO3000, go to Advanced Settings > Folders > General > Change, and select the new location for the Business folder. Keep in mind that you will need to transfer the actual contents of the folder manually.
6. Turn on synchronization on all computers.
Do not launch TO3000 until you see that DropBox synchronization is complete. Improper usage of Cloud software can damage your database.
By the way, Translation Office 3000 does not have network capabilities, i.e. if you install multiple copies of TO3000, you will not be able to access a database from several computers simultaneously. For network capabilities, please, check out other main product, Projetex.